September 10, 2011 :: Posted by - Steve Howe :: Category - School Councils
An active partnership with parents and communities in the education of children is vital to the success of students in today’s society.
All schools in the Avon Maitland School District have active school councils working to help student learning.
Councils are involved at the school level in such activities as:
- code of conduct,
- dress codes,
- school and system calendar,
- curriculum and program goals and priorities,
- school report cards,
- school budget priorities,
- school to community communication strategies,
- extra-curricular activities,
- school based services related to social, health, recreational and nutrition programs,
- and community use of school facilities.
The mandate of school councils is to promote the best interests of the school community while encouraging a positive and co-operative school environment.
The Ministry of Education provides support and resources for school councils as parents play a vital role in the development and education of their children and in the success of schools.
Tags: AMDSB, school councils
Leave a Reply